We were delighted to have participated in delivering the Hubs4Circularity Community of Practice workshop on developing key performance indicators for industrial-urban circular economy initiatives!
James Woodcock was a speaker on behalf of International Synergies Limited alongside other pioneers from the field.
- Collaboration is key: By building on each other’s knowledge, we can support rapid learning and save valuable time.
- KPIs need to capture impact on different fronts, including their effect on local communities. We must ensure our metrics reflect the holistic nature of Circular Economy initiatives.
- Establishing a common language around KPIs is crucial. It enables effective communication and ensures that all stakeholders are aligned.
- Governments and municipalities play a vital role in supporting innovation activities related to circular economy initiatives. Their support can foster an environment conducive to positive change.
- KPIs should be context-specific and address the impact that different stakeholders desire or require. Although there tends to be a universal core group of KPIs, a tailored approach ensures relevance and resonates with diverse perspectives.
If you are interested in delving deeper into KPI development and would like to gain access to valuable Circular Economy resources, click here.